Pre-Marriage Education Programs
Preparing couples for marriage
Pre-marriage education programs aim to support couples as they prepare for marriage.
Our pre-marriage education programs are led by qualified, experienced adult educators with knowledge of relationship theory.
Couples learn how to:
- build skills to navigate and manage conflict
- discuss the challenges that they may face and plan positive ways to respond
- explore their relationship’s strengths and differences
- find ways to grow their friendship
- think creatively about a vision for the future and the marriage they want to build
We offer two Pre-Marriage Education programs: Partnerships and FOCCUS.
FOCCUS pre-marriage education program
FOCCUS is currently being offered remotely using video conferencing. Please contact the location closest to you to make a booking.
FOCCUS is a pre-marriage education program for individual couples to reflect on their relationship in a private, confidential setting. Couples complete an online inventory then work through their responses with a qualified Facilitator over three one-hour sessions.
The setting allows couples to talk about their strengths and discuss the challenges they may face as their relationship evolves.
FOCCUS runs from several locations across Melbourne and Gippsland.
FOCCUS costs $370 per couple (if both are employed) or $320 per couple if one or both is unemployed or a student.
- An $85 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations with more than 10 days notice.
- A $170 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations with less than 10 days notice.
- A $65 transfer fee applies if a couple wishes to change one or more FOCCUS appointments.
FOCCUS runs from several locations across Melbourne and Gippsland. To book, please contact the location convenient to you:
- Dandenong | 03 8710 9600
- East Melbourne | book online
- Epping | 03 8468 1305
- Footscray | 03 9689 3888
- Geelong | 03 5221 7055
- Ivanhoe | book online
- Mitcham | book online
- Pakenham | 1800 522 076
- Warragul | 1800 522 076
Group programs are currently suspended due to COVID-19
Partnerships is held in a group setting with 15 couples per group. It is led by two facilitators and each course runs from 9.30am to 5:00pm on a weekend.
There are 24 Partnerships courses held across the year held in East Melbourne, and five Partnerships courses held in Warragul (for couples living in Gippsland).
Partnerships costs $340 per couple.
- An $80 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations with more than 10 days notice.
- A $155 cancellation fee applies to to all cancellations with less than 10 days notice.
- A $60 transfer fee applies if a couple wishes to transfer into a different program time or venue.
Cancellations with interpreters
If you cancel an appointment that included the use of an interpreter, the cancellation fees applied by TIS National will be passsed on to you. See www.tisnational.gov.au for more information.
View the Marriage and Relationship Education brochure on our Publications page.