View Current Employment Opportunities
CatholicCare is a rewarding place to work.
Relationships are at the heart of why CatholicCare exists, and our relationships with our staff are equally valued.
As a values-based organisation, we attract staff who share our commitment to helping vulnerable people in the community and our passion for delivering high quality services that help our clients to achieve ‘Life to the Full’.
We enjoy a collaborative workplace culture where teamwork is highly valued.
CatholicCare is committed to:
- client and child safety - we carry out Police Record and Working With Children checks for all staff and volunteers to ensure the safety of the people we serve.
- diversity - we value our multi-cultural and multi-denominational staff
- workplace safety – we aim to provide a workplace that is safe and healthy for all staff and volunteers
To attract and retain high calibre staff we offer employee benefits including:
- salary packaging - as CatholicCare enjoys Public Benevolent Institution tax status, our employees can reduce their taxable income through salary packaging and thereby increase their take-home salary
- flexible work and leave arrangements to maintain work-life balance
- learning and development activities to develop skills and knowledge to deliver quality services to our clients
- regular employee climate surveys to assess engagement with our mission, values and business plans and to obtain employee feedback on CatholicCare as a place to work
- a confidential employee assistance program with an independent service provider to assist staff and their immediate family in a situation or crisis
How to apply
If you see an employment opportunity below that interests you, you are encouraged to view the position description.
Your application should include:
- a covering letter
- a current resume
- contact details of three professional referees
We will consider the suitability of your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience for the role. If you have been short-listed for the position, we will contact you to ask you to attend an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application.
The offer of employment and commencement in the position is conditional upon receipt of a successful Police Record check assessment, and International Police check (if you have lived overseas for 12 months continuously in the past 10 years), and a Working with Children Check. CatholicCare has PBI tax status, and the salary can be packaged to the benefit of the incumbent.
Your details will be held and managed in accordance with the Privacy Act (1998). If your application is unsuccessful, it will not be kept on file with CatholicCare.
Current employment opportunities
Pastoral Care Practitioner | Metropolitan Prisons | Part time
We are currently seeking a Pastoral Care Practitioner to be an integral part of the Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care Team, contributing to high quality pastoral care practice for prisoners, prisoners’ families, and to staff within prisons.
The successful applicant will be required to respond to the diverse personal, spiritual, and religious needs of those mentioned above; be anchored in the ethos of the Catholic Church; and be informed by Catholic Social Teaching and its strong emphasis on the inherent dignity of the person.
Team Leader, School Counselling Program | East Melbourne | Fixed term
We are looking for someone to provide leadership as part of the management team for CatholicCare's School Counselling Program. This Team Leader will also be required to facilitate supervision for CatholicCare's School Counsellors and tertiary students on placement with CatholicCare, within schools.
If you have a tertiary qualification in Psychology; experience with child, adolescent and family assessment and counselling; and you are registered as a board approved supervisor we encourage you to apply!