View Current Employment Opportunities
CatholicCare Victoria is a rewarding place to work.
CatholicCare Victoria is a leading and influential provider of charitable and social services in Victoria.
Our Mission at CatholicCare Victoria is to build communities that recognise and nurture the dignity of each person. Our employees share our Mission for a stronger, more inclusive society through supporting individuals, families and communities in times of need, especially those who are most disadvantaged, vulnerable and/or marginalised.
We deliver excellence in a broad range of child, family and youth services, family relationship services, school counselling and pastoral care services, social housing, employment and advocacy services across various office locations and delivery sites in Victoria.
We draw on the principles of Catholic Social Teaching to inspire and direct our endeavours. We value and respect human dignity, and embrace diversity in an inclusive work environment.
CatholicCare Victoria is committed to:
- client and child safety - we carry out Police Record and Working With Children checks for all staff and volunteers to ensure the safety of the people we serve.
- diversity - we value our multi-cultural and multi-denominational staff
- workplace safety – we aim to provide a workplace that is safe and healthy for all staff and volunteers
To attract and retain high calibre staff we offer employee benefits including:
- salary packaging - as CatholicCare enjoys Public Benevolent Institution tax status, our employees can reduce their taxable income through salary packaging and thereby increase their take-home salary
- flexible work and leave arrangements to maintain work-life balance
- learning and development activities to develop skills and knowledge to deliver quality services to our clients
- regular employee climate surveys to assess engagement with our mission, values and business plans and to obtain employee feedback on CatholicCare as a place to work
- a confidential employee assistance program with an independent service provider to assist staff and their immediate family in a situation or crisis
How to apply
If you see an employment opportunity below that interests you, you are encouraged to view the position description.
Your application should include:
- a covering letter
- a current resume
- contact details of three professional referees
We will consider the suitability of your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience for the role. If you have been short-listed for the position, we will contact you to ask you to attend an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application.
The offer of employment and commencement in the position is conditional upon receipt of a successful Police Record check assessment, and International Police check (if you have lived overseas for 12 months continuously in the past 10 years), and a Working with Children Check. CatholicCare has PBI tax status, and the salary can be packaged to the benefit of the incumbent.
Your details will be held and managed in accordance with the Privacy Act (1998). If your application is unsuccessful, it will not be kept on file with CatholicCare.
Current employment opportunities
Case Manager | Adoption & Permanent Care
Footscray | Full time
This position will provide a State-Wide full case management service to adoptive persons, infants and children who require placement through adoption or permanent care; including counselling and support for their biological families, and recruitment, training and assessment of potential caregiver applicants.
It will organise and facilitate linking and transition processes for placements and to supervise and support caregivers and children in placement. As well as provide information, search and counselling services to adoptees, adoptive parents, biological parents and relatives.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have a degree in Social Work or Psychology; have eligibility for membership of the AASW; a demonstrated track record and excellent skills in case management, assessment, counselling, and working with vulnerable infants, children, young people and their families/carers; and a demonstrated understanding of Permanent Care and Adoption, as well as trauma, attachment and bonding.
Want to apply?
Board Members - CatholicCare Victoria
The Board of CatholicCare Victoria is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified people who are committed to strengthening individuals, families and communities, to enable everyone to reach their full potential and live life to the full.
We are seeking to appoint two high quality leaders to join our Board, with executive level experience in one or more of the following areas: Legal; Social and Community Housing; Corporate Governance; Government Engagement; Technology; and/or Philanthropy.
Preferred candidates will demonstrate a genuine commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church, and possess personal qualities of integrity, collaborative approach, sound judgement, courage and excellent communication skills.
Want to submit an expression of interest?
- Please email your resume together with a short statement outlining your skills and knowledge relevant to the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expressions of Interest close Tuesday, 8 June 2021
- For further enquiries and/or a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Willey, General Manager People & Organisational Development at CatholicCare Victoria on 0491 153 356.
- Download the briefing pack
- Download more information
Case Manager | Integrated Family Services
Melton | Full time
We are looking for a case manager to join our IFS team in Melton, servicing Melton and surrounding areas.
This position will support vulnerable children, young people and their families to strengthen relationships, prevent family breakdown and ensure the best interests of the child are met.
To be considered for this position, candidates require tertiary qualifications in Social Work or equivalent (such as Psychology, Social Science etc); demonstrated experience in case management working with vulnerable children and their families; and proven experience working with families impacted by family violence, as well as families from CALD communities.
Want to apply?
Geelong | Casual
The Administrator/Receptionist is responsible for appropriately handling the wide range of enquiries and requests for support from clients, staff and other branches, including Head Office, external organisations and community agencies.
This role also involves handling complex enquires and requests of the branch, including provision and scheduling of client appointments, liaison with practitioners, provision of information, and appropriate referrals. This also includes assisting with proficiency, tact and empathy amongst our diverse clientele.
To be considered for this position, candidates require experience and/or qualifications appropriate to the position; experience using Microsoft Word and Client Management systems; good interpersonal skills and telephone manner; and competence in file creation and maintenance.
Want to apply?