Volunteers play a critical role in the delivery of CatholicCare services.
In fact, around 10% of the services we provide to people in need would not be possible without the support of our volunteers.
Sorry, there are currently no volunteer roles available.
Please check back at a later time, or contact us using the form below if you are interested in volunteering for CatholicCare.
What services do volunteers support at CatholicCare?
CatholicCare volunteers run and support a range of services including:
- administrative support at a number of our offices
- Emergency Relief intake
- English conversation classes for newly arrived refugees
- academic support and encouragement for disadvantaged adults who are enrolled in our Clemente Fitzroy program administrative support at a number of our offices
- event help and organisation
- sewing groups
- homework clubs
- pastoral support in prisons and hospitals
We are grateful for the many wonderful people who give their time, skills and experience to help us respond to an ever-increasing demand for our services. By volunteering, they contribute to making our community a better place.
Volunteering is rewarding in other ways. Giving their time for a good cause can help volunteers to:
- build skills and experience
- stay active
- make new friends
- gain a sense of personal achievement
CatholicCare welcomes volunteers from all backgrounds, life stages and with a broad range of skills. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have written consent from a parent or legal guardian.
How do I register to become a volunteer?
Volunteer opportunities are advertised when available and are based on program and client needs.
All volunteers are required to submit an Expression of Interest Form and current resumé when applying for a position. Volunteers who are shortlisted are required to attend an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator and the Program Coordinator.
Once selected for a position, all volunteers are required to:
- complete a Registration Form,
- read and sign a Confidentiality Agreement and Volunteer Declaration, and
- undergo a Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check (CatholicCare will reimburse the cost of this when you commence voluntary work).