Early intervention to help children build resilience and wellbeing
Our Family Wellbeing Support Service is an early intervention program that aims to enhance the resilience, mental health and wellbeing of children and young people. This program supports parents to develop skills and confidence to enable young people to reach their potential.
What is the Family Wellbeing Support Service (FWSS)?
Children and young people are particularly vulnerable to the stress of life transitions, for example: the arrival of a new baby, adolescence, relationship breakdown, family separation and re-partnering. Children can begin showing signs of emotional and/or behavioural difficulties, which can lead to poor mental health outcomes later in life.
The Family Wellbeing Support Service can help families to better deal with life’s transitions and challenges by providing:
- short term support, information and referrals
- longer-term support for families facing complex issues
- information sessions and group programs about relationships and parenting
- referrals to other wellbeing services and activities
What are the benefits?
The service aims to build resilience and improve mental health by helping families to:
- improve communication and strengthen relationships
- establish and/or improve routines
- manage stress and anxiety
- strengthen coping mechanisms
- resolve conflict
This service is available for families with children up to the age of 18, who are living in Melton, Bacchus Marsh
and Caroline Springs.
A special focus of the service is supporting families from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Our Family Wellbeing Support Service is free of charge, although some workshops will incur costs.
How do I access the service?
Families can access the program via self-referral, or through informal word of mouth referral from a friend, family member, school, GP or other community agency.
STRESS BUSTERS! is a FREE anxiety management and wellbeing program for kids and young people.
Delivered in 4 x 1 hour sessions, in small groups or one-on-one, Stress Busters can help your child to:
- understanding how their emotions work
- learn how to manage those big emotions or anger outbursts
- learn strategies to build their resilience in difficult situations
- develop practical tips and tricks to help calm themselves
For more information please call Kate McKernin on 0418 446 692
While COVID-19 restrictions are in place, this service will be provided by phone and video.
To make an appointment or to find out more information, please contact us:
T: 0418 446 692
You might also be interested in some of the following services offered at CatholicCare: