Parenting Orders Program
Giving children a voice
We provide individual support, counselling and group education programs for separated families who have experienced high parental conflict over an extended period of time.
Our Parenting Orders Program (POP) helps parents to manage disputes and increase cooperation and communication. The program is child-focused and gives children the opportunity to have a voice.
How can POP help?
POP is delivered by professionally trained and qualified practitioners who specialise in child, adult and family relationship matters and are trained and supervised to operate within the Family Law Act.
POP can help separated families to:
- manage parenting arrangements and contact arrangements
- ensure the best interest of the child is their priority
- improve communication between parents
- increase cooperation between parents
- minimise conflict and manage disputes
What education programs are available?
We offer a range of programs spanning from a three hour seminar, one-day courses or a six-week program that focus on topics including conflict resolution; understanding children's needs; self-care and self-esteem; improving communication and cooperation; loss and grief; managing difficult emotions in kids; and learning how coflict affects children.
You can find more detailed information in the POP brochures and Post-Separation flyer on our Publications page.
POP is for:
- families in the northern and western metropolitan regions of Melbourne, Geelong and the Gippsland region
- families who are in conflict regarding parenting arrangement
- parents, children and family members who have Parenting Orders from the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court
POP services are subsidised by the Commonwealth Government. A means-tested co-contribution is required from those accessing the services.
Concession cardholders, Health Care cardholders and students pay a fee of $20 per person for an Intake session and $20 per person per subsequent session.
Programs, courses and seminars run within POP range in cost, but concession cardholders can receive a discount of up to 50 percent.
To view dates for Gippsland's programs, please view the 'Parenting After Separation - Gippsland brochure 2019' on our Publications page.
For metropolitan regions of Melbourne and Geelong, please contact the closest branch to you (see below).
View the Parenting Orders Program brochures and flyers on our Publications page.