I have come so that you may have life and have it to the full”
Our vision is for a stronger, more inclusive society - where everyone can reach their potential and live life to the full.
We break down the barriers to social inclusion by strengthening families and communities.
Our spiritual home
There is a strong historical tradition of service and advocacy for those in most need within the Catholic spiritual and cultural network. CatholicCare draws and builds on that tradition.
As the social service agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne and the Diocese of Sale, we draw heavily on the principles of Catholic Social Teaching to inspire and direct all our endeavours.
- DIGNITY - Respect the unique worth of each person; appreciate the diversity of all people and families we serve including their faith, culture and traditions
- COMPASSION - Demonstrate empathy for the people we serve in their need; stand in solidarity with those who are vulnerable and marginalised
- COLLABORATION - Co-operate and partner with our clients, colleagues, stakeholders, communities, networks and other supporters
- INCLUSION - Seek out those who are excluded; promote social justice for the whole community
- RESPONSIBILITY - Demonstrate openness, transparency and accountability to our stakeholders; provide quality services to the community; adapt to meet community needs and embrace change; care for the environment and use resources responsibly