Helping people to settle well
Our Refugee Settlement Program equips newly arrived refugee and humanitarian entrants with social and life skills to integrate and settle into the Australian community.
Mental health issues, unemployment, language barriers and social isolation can make refugees incredibly vulnerable. Our Refugee Settlement services increase people’s life skills, health and wellbeing.
What support is available?
The support includes:
- information and orientation to Australian life (including Justice Education program)
- information forums for individuals and families
- language and budgeting lessons (including English Conversation groups)
- social support for adults (including women’s activity groups, such as sewing, cooking, knitting etc)
- homework help for children
- employment training and support
- referral to counselling for complex cases of grief and trauma
Refugee and humanitarian entrants can access refugee settlement services from CatholicCare within the first five years of their arrival in Australia.
There is no charge to access the service. Some specific activities/events may incur a small charge or co-contribution.