Geelong Settle Well
Supporting and encouraging Refugee Youth
Geelong Settle Well is an intensive, school-based support service for Young Refugees and Asylum Seekers. It provides support to Refugee Youth to give them a stronger start in life.
Geelong is a priority location for the resettlement of refugees in regional Australia, including Women at Risk.
These vulnerable young people face the challenges of adolescence combined with the complex challenges of re-settlement in a new country. Without support, these challenges can form barriers to personal wellbeing, social participation, education, training and employment – the foundations for settling well.
What support is available?
The support includes:
- specialised trauma-informed counselling
- case management, including referrals and linkages to other community services
- education and training
- opportunities for community participation
What are the benefits?
Participants of the program:
- connect more with their school and education
- find pathways to further education, training and employment
- gain confidence to achieve their career aspirations
- increase thier sense of wellbeing and social participation
Young Refugees and Asylum Seekers aged 15-20 years, who are enrolled at North Geelong Secondary College or Northern Bay College can access the Geelong Settle Well.
There is no charge to access the service. Some specific activities/events may incur a small charge or co-contribution.
View our News story: Justice Education for refugee youth