View Current Employment Opportunities
CatholicCare is a rewarding place to work.
As a values-based organisation, we attract staff who share our commitment to helping vulnerable people in the community and our passion for delivering high quality services that help our clients to achieve ‘Life to the Full’.
We enjoy a collaborative workplace culture where teamwork is highly valued.
CatholicCare is committed to:
- client and child safety - we carry out Police Record and Working With Children checks for all staff and volunteers to ensure the safety of the people we serve.
- diversity - we value our multi-cultural and multi-denominational staff
- workplace safety – we aim to provide a workplace that is safe and healthy for all staff and volunteers
To attract and retain high calibre staff we offer employee benefits including:
- salary packaging - as CatholicCare enjoys Public Benevolent Institution tax status, our employees can reduce their taxable income through salary packaging and thereby increase their take-home salary
- flexible work and leave arrangements to maintain work-life balance
- learning and development activities to develop skills and knowledge to deliver quality services to our clients
- regular employee climate surveys to assess engagement with our mission, values and business plans and to obtain employee feedback on CatholicCare as a place to work
- a confidential employee assistance program with an independent service provider to assist staff and their immediate family in a situation or crisis
How to apply
If you see an employment opportunity below that interests you, you are encouraged to view the position description.
Your application should include:
- a covering letter
- a current resume
- contact details of three professional referees
We will consider the suitability of your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience for the role. If you have been short-listed for the position, we will contact you to ask you to attend an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application.
Your details will be held and managed in accordance with the Privacy Act (1998). If your application is unsuccessful, it will not be kept on file with CatholicCare.
Current employment opportunities
Chief Executive Officer
- Strategic Leadership Role
- Identify and leverage service delivery opportunities
- Build organisational capability
With the departure of the eminent and highly regarded CEO, an opportunity arises for a visionary and contemporary leader, with excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style with the demonstrable capability to lead service delivery and assess markets and opportunities, and prepare the organisation to adapt and respond to change. With alignment to the values and culture of the organisation, the successful candidate will have an understanding of working in a faith-based organisation and the social services sector with experience at a senior level in the effective leadership and management of a diverse portfolio.
CatholicCare is known for its partnerships; the new CEO will therefore be strategic, innovative and a strong collaborator. Superior relationship and stakeholder management skills will enable engagement in important conversations driving the Church’s social services work at community level. Working with a small, yet skilled Executive Team, capability in policy and advocacy is sought, especially with State and Federal government, influencing, advocating and representing CatholicCare’s position as a respected player in the social services marketplace. Commercial nous, strong resource and change management skills will be essential to success. A personality embracing the uniqueness of individuals sets the successful candidate apart from others. A relevant tertiary qualification is required.
To apply - please go to www.jofisher.com and click on “APPLY ONLINE” using reference CACceo0617, addressing your cover letter and resume to Christine O’Donnell or Sahana Gabriel, of Jo Fisher Executive, or call +61 3 9016 6000 for further information
Applications close Friday 30 June 2017.
Donor Relations Officer, East Melbourne (30 hrs per week)
Are you passionate about fundraising? Looking for a role where you can change the world? Where your energy and enthusiasm is rewarded? Where your ability to get along with others will see you go far? And where your ideas will be embraced?
You might be just the piece we need to complete our newly refurbished Communications, Fundraising and Marketing (CFM) team. As Donor Relations Officer, you will join our team in the design and delivery of campaigns that promote our brand, maximise supporter engagement, drive philanthropic giving and contribute to social change. We are a team of engaged, friendly and switched on people who enjoy the work we do in changing the world for the better.
We believe that our donors matter and as such this role will be responsible for enhancing donor experience, supporting fundraising activities and bringing the fundraising strategy to life in a way that keeps donors coming back.
Applications close COB Friday 30 June and can be emailed to email@example.com
For further information on the role, please contact Narelle Ashcroft, HR Advisor on (03) 9287 5554. View the position description