"I have come so that you may have life and have it to the full”.
Our vision is for a stronger, more inclusive society - where everyone can reach their potential and live life to the full.
We break down the barriers to social inclusion by strengthening families and communities.
Our spiritual home
There is a strong historical tradition of service and advocacy for those in most need within the Catholic spiritual and cultural network. CatholicCare draws and builds on that tradition.
As the social service agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne and the Diocese of Sale, we draw heavily on the principles of Catholic Social Teaching to inspire and direct all our endeavours.
- DIGNITY - Respect the unique worth of each person; appreciate the diversity of all people and families we serve including their faith, culture and traditions
- COMPASSION - Demonstrate empathy for the people we serve in their need; stand in solidarity with those who are vulnerable and marginalised
- COLLABORATION - Co-operate and partner with our clients, colleagues, stakeholders, communities, networks and other supporters
- INCLUSION - Seek out those who are excluded; promote social justice for the whole community
- RESPONSIBILITY - Demonstrate openness, transparency and accountability to our stakeholders; provide quality services to the community; adapt to meet community needs and embrace change; care for the environment and use resources responsibly
Our commitment to child safety
CatholicCare actively works to listen to, empower and protect children, and has zero tolerance for child abuse and neglect.
View our commitment statement.
Our vision for reconciliation
CatholicCare acknowledges the important contribution Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples make in creating a strong and vibrant Australian society.
We pay our respect to the Traditional Custodians of the lands and waters of the country in which we work and live and acknowledge the strong leadership provided by current and past Elders.
Our Open Hearts Open Minds Reconciliation Action Plan has been prepared as a guide to strengthen and enhance CatholicCare's engagement and work alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and communities.
Read our Reconciliation Action Plan.