Pre-Marriage Education Programs
Preparing couples for marriage
Pre-marriage education programs aim to support couples as they prepare for marriage.
Our pre-marriage education programs are led by qualified, experienced adult educators with knowledge of relationship theory.
Couples learn how to:
- build skills to navigate and manage conflict
- discuss the challenges that they may face and plan positive ways to respond
- explore their relationship’s strengths and differences
- find ways to grow their friendship
- think creatively about a vision for the future and the marriage they want to build
We offer three Pre-Marriage Education programs: Partnerships, The2ofUs, and FOCCUS.
Partnerships is held in a group setting with no more than 14 couples per group. It is led by two facilitators and each course runs for a total of nine hours over two sessions (7pm to 9.30pm on a weeknight + 10am to 4.30pm on a weekend).
There are 25 Partnerships courses held across the year held in East Melbourne.
MAKE A BOOKING
The 2ofUS is a program held in a group setting with no more than eight couples per group. It is led by two facilitators and is held over one day between 9.30am and 5pm.
There are 5 The 2ofUS courses held across the year held in Warragul.
Priority will be given to the couples marrying in the Catholic Diocese of Sale.
MAKE A BOOKING
FOCCUS is a pre-marriage education program for individual couples to reflect on their relationship in a private, confidential setting. Couples complete an online inventory then work through their responses with a qualified Facilitator over three one-hour sessions.
The setting allows couples to talk about their strengths and discuss the challenges they may face as their relationship evolves.
FOCCUS runs from several locations across Melbourne and Gippsland.
- Partnerships costs $320 per couple ($325 in 2018)
- The 2ofUS costs $230 per couple ($250 in 2018)
- FOCCUS costs $350 per couple, if both employed, or $300 per couple, if one or both is unemployed or a student ($355, or $305 per couple, if one or both is unemployed or a student in 2018)
- Partnerships and The 2OfUS: An $80 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations with more than 10 days notice. A $155 cancellation fee applies to to all cancellations with less than 10 days notice. A $60 transfer fee applies if a couple wishes to transfer into a different program time or venue.
- FOCCUS: An $85 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations with more than 10 days notice. A $170 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations with less than 10 days notice. A $65 transfer fee applies if a couple wishes to change one or more FOCCUS appointments.
- If you cancel an appointment that included the use of an interpreter, the cancellation fees applied by TIS National will be passsed on to you. See www.tisnational.gov.au for more information.
FOCCUS runs from several locations across Melbourne and Gippsland. To book, please phone the location convenient to you:
- Dandenong | 03 8710 9600
- East Melbourne | 03 9287 5516
- Epping | 03 8468 1305
- Footscray | 03 9689 3888
- Geelong | 03 5221 7055
- Malvern | 03 8710 9600
- Mitcham | 03 8710 9600
- Pakenham | 1800 522 076
- Warragul | 1800 522 076
View the Marriage and Relationship Education brochure on our Publications page.